40. Target Recognition Technology
Main research contents include:
(1) Radar target detection and automatic recognition (measurement and analysis of target electromagnetic characteristics, measurement and analysis of target polarization characteristics, simulation and modeling, analysis and extraction of target radar characteristics, target recognition theory and algorithm, recognition system software and hardware engineering, system integration technology)
(2) Infrared target detection and automatic target recognition (infrared image inhomogeneous correction, infrared clutter suppression, detection of weak target with low SNR, characteristics analysis of infrared targets, selection and abstraction of invariant characteristics, stable tacking and automatic target recognition)
(3) Multi-sensor information fusion automatic recognition (fusion system design and realization, target characteristics and complementary characteristics analysis of heterogeneous sensors, multi-sensor information registration and correlation, multi-level modeling and algorithm design of target fusion recognition)
(4) Real-time information processing theory and real-time processing system development technology (real-time information processing algorithm, real-time system architecture, design and physical realization technology of real-time system that meets the mission requirement of being intelligent, lightweight, and low energy consumption)
41. Communication Technology
Main research contents include:
(1) Key technology and realization of coding, detection, channel estimation and iteration receiver in MIMO, MIMO-OFDM and collaborative MIMO system
(2) WLAN networking protocol (MAC protocol analysis and transplantation, cross-layer protocol design, network protocol modeling and performance simulation)
(3) Software radio architecture, reconfigurable waveform component development, estimation and distribution of reconfigurable resources
(4) Design and realization technology of information system security architecture, secure communication technology;
(5) Efficient transmission mechanism and coding technology in wireless communication, simulation and modeling technology of wireless communication system, anti-interference technology of wireless communication;
(6) Space communication transmission networking, measurement and control technology.
42.Microwave and Antenna
Main research contents include:
(1) Antenna design (microstrip antenna theory and technology, broadband antenna, slotted waveguide array antennae, conformal phased array theory and technology, self adaptive anti-interference antenna array, millimeter wave antenna);
(2) UWB signal radiation and scattering (transmission and radiation characteristics of UWB signals, UWB scattering characteristics of targets, UWB signal source, UWB antenna, UWB amplifier and UWB microwave network, etc)
(3) Millimeter wave and microwave technology (millimeter wave multi-polarization, low-sidelobe small-caliber antenna and feeding system, millimeter wave variable polarization antenna and feeding system, millimeter wave single polarization, new technology of dual polarization electronic scanning, conformal phased array of millimeter wave, microwave simulator, application of microwave energy in agriculture and industry)
(4) Electromagnetic characteristics of target and environment (spectrum characteristics of target and environment in time and space, imaging characteristics, signal transmission characteristics of sensors, integrated modeling of target, background, transmission ad sensor, wide band/UWB, scattering mechanism of multi-polarization, visual processing of complex models, optimal computing, simulated measurement of target and environmental characteristics, target and environmental characteristics model and database, etc)
(5) High-performance electromagnetic computing (finite-difference time-domain application, fast algorithm of time-domain integral equation, fast multipole algorithm, etc)
(6) Measurement and analysis of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) (EMC prediction and simulation, EMC field test, EMC analysis and prediction of spacecraft, etc)
43.Satellite Navigation Technology
Main research contents include:
(1) Navigation signal mechanism and design
(2) High-accuracy time synchronization
(3) High-accuracy pseudo code measurement
(4) On-board navigation load
(5) User receiver
(6) Special chip for satellite navigation
Main research contents include:
- UWB radar;
- Passive radar technology;
- Millimeter-wave radar technology;
45. Remote Sensing Information Processing
Main research contents include:
- Automatic target interpretation in SAR images (target model database technology, noise suppression, characteristics extraction, target detection and recognition technology in SAR images, SAR images processing application system.);
- Multi-source remote sensing imaging information fusion processing (multi-source satellite remote sensing information data association and target association, multi-source image automatic/semi-automatic registration, target fusion detection and recognition based on characteristic level and decision-making level, detection technology of target variance, etc. to enhance target detection and recognition ability and target dynamic monitoring ability);
- Application of satellite remote sensing imaging information (various application requirements of satellite remote sensing imaging information processing, development of a practical remote sensing information processing system).
46. Information System
- Command information system (general technologies of command information system requirement engineering, architecture, performance simulation; intelligence integrated processing, information resources management, mission plan generation, and aided decision-making technology; collaborative control simulation system, network mission simulation platform, performance evaluation system, new-generation decision-making support devices)
- Satellite application technology (comprehensive integration of aerospace information resources, integrated management and high-performance service, efficient and intelligent aerospace information application system, requirement description and processing as well as plans and procedures of space resources application, related technology of satellite information application);
- Multimedia and virtual reality technology (index, management and integrated processing of multimedia information; various key technologies based on virtual reality; digitalized environment system and virtual reality system to be applied in environment demonstration and panorama detection).
47. System design
- System design research focuses on the structure, function, capability and its index of the system; confrontation theory, method, and support technology of the system confrontation; comprehensive demonstration technology from unit, system to system as well as application technology.
- Simulation technology is to meet the requirement in various fields from project demonstration, training simulation to comprehensive demonstration evaluation. This research focuses on advanced modeling simulation theories and technology, parallel and distributed simulation technology, virtual simulation and virtual prototype technology, simulation experiment frame, and data analysis optimization.
- System reliability technology research area focuses on system reliability theory, reliability modeling method and application, system security analysis and risk evaluation, reliability and security computer-aided design, quality management method and application.
This research area corresponds to the second-category discipline of Computer Architecture, which is a National Key Discipline. This research area focuses on the strategic requirements of the country and the military. Four research fields have been developed: High-performance Computer Architecture, High-performance Microprocessor Architecture, High-performance Network and Communication Technology and Military Computer Architecture. In High-performance Computer Architecture, NUDT is the foremost in China and one of the world leaders.
49.Computer Software and Theory
This research area corresponds to the second-category discipline of Computer Software and Theory, a National Key Discipline. We are fortunate to have our faculty team headed by the innovative Professors Qi Zhichang and Zou Peng. Their research covers four areas: Computer Science Theory, Software Engineering, System Software and Distributed Computing Software.
50.Computer Application Technology
This research area corresponds to the second-category discipline of Computer Application Technology, a National Key Discipline. During 20 years of development, this area, fulfilling the needs of the military and the country, has made a series of technological breakthroughs and landmark research achievements in:
(1) Massive Data Processing and Data Grid: this faculty has developed the Beidou ground information processing system that is playing an important role in the national economy and national security. A breakthrough was made in a series of mass data management and in analysis technology with the corresponding mass data processing platform successfully applied in a national network security monitoring key project. This opened up a number of large-scale industrial applications grids by Tian Xiang series grid software system with some landmark achievements effectively applied.
(2) Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing: this research area focuses on the basic theory of artificial intelligence, expert systems and development environment, machine translation, pattern recognition, parallel characteristics analysis and modeling in space image processing, etc. The Component Expert System Platform has made breakthroughs in many intellectual technologies including knowledge fusion and fuzzy reasoning, with assembled and customized characteristics. In 2003, the Agriculture Expert Systems in China was awarded the United Nations World Summit Award in the field of information science. The Machine Translation System ranks the first in translation speed and second in overall performance among similar systems in China. In the area of fingerprint identification, two methods of fingerprint identification have been put forward. One is based on multiple reference nodes and another on a curvilinear coordinate system, with research achievements published in world renowned journals. Research achievements like Parallel Feature Analysis and Modeling Methods of Remote Sensing Images, Parallel Watershed Segmentation Algorithm, Parallel Automatic Registration and Geometric Correction Algorithm have been applied successfully
(3) Large-scale Scientific and Engineering Parallel Computing and Application: this research area has developed unique abilities in such fields as basic theory of parallel algorithm, scientific computing scalable parallel algorithm design and parallel weather forecasting technology. The parallel computing software with nuclear computing scalable parallel algorithm and its typical problems has been applied in some key departments in China and resulted in significant impact. The Global Mid-term Numerical Weather Prediction System has increased the available period of forecasting validity by six days. It has been used in many business systems in China and made important contributions to the development of the National Weather Service.
(4) The research area High-performance Simulation and Virtual Reality has developed its own characteristics and advantages in such fields as high-performance distributed and parallel simulation platform, large-scale distributed virtual environment, and high-performance parallel visualization system. Yinhe High-performance Distributed Simulation System and the hierarchical RTI StarLink system have been successfully applied in a number of distributed simulation systems. YH-AStar High-performance Real-time Simulation Platform has been applied with significant effect in simulation experiments of many national key model tasks like the Manned Space Launch Vehicle. The YH-SUPE parallel simulation development and running support environment has provided highly efficient supercomputer-based support for analytical evaluation simulation.
(5) Embedded System and Application: this research area has developed its own features and advantages in the development of high-reliability, low-power-consumption, and high-performance embedded systems. The high-reliability and fault-tolerant embedded system have been successfully applied in satellite payload and satellite service management. The embedded system basic platform is component-based, configurable, reconfigurable, small-sized and highly reliable.
51.Microelectronics and Solid Electronics
This research area started in the late 1970s during the development of computer integrated circuit components. It was approved to offer a PhD program in 2000, and has become the only discipline of Microelectronics and Solid Electronics that offers both master and PhD programs in the military. This discipline was evaluated as the Hunan Province Key Discipline twice in 2001 and 2006, and the National Key Development Discipline in 2007.
This discipline, focusing on the strategic development requirement of national science, technology and industry, has developed four research areas listed below: In 2005, the Graduate Innovation Center of Microelectronics and Microprocessor became the first graduate innovation center in military academies approved by the Ministry of Education. In 2006, the team of “high-performance microprocessor technology” was selected as the Innovation Research Team by the Ministry of Education.
(1) Microprocessor design technology
This research area aims to independently develop high-performance universal CPU and high-performance DSP chips. The main research centers on CPU and DSP micro-system structure and its design demonstration and evaluation technology. It has laid a sound foundation for universal CPU theory and technology, e.g. a super-scale micro-system structure by the development of the teaching and research system based on universal CPU system structure and VLSI design; important papers and national invention patents in fundamental research fields such as 8-outflow VLIW DSP, simultaneous multi-thread DSP structure, and the development of high-performance low-power-consumption Yinhe FT D series DSP chips which won second prize in the National Science and Technology Progress.
(2) Application-oriented architecture and SOC technology
This research area, with its advantages in high-performance low-power-consumption embedded DSP chip technology, researches applied architecture such as image processing, video processing and wireless communication, together with reusable IP core design technology, heterogeneous multi-core SOC architecture technology and embedded application-oriented SOC chip design technology. It has developed a series of reusable IP core as well as high-performance heterogeneous multi-core SOC chips and met the application requirements of media processing, numerical calculation and wireless communication.
(3) VLSI Design Theory and Technology
This research area centers on VLSI realization technology, Yinhe supercomputer ASIC and military SOC circuit realization technology. It also focuses on the theory and technology of logics, circuit and layout design verification, interconnection modeling and analysis technology, low-power-consumption design and manufacturability design technology. This area, with a self-designed EDA tool, has developed its characteristics and advantages in basic research fields such as automatic simulation vector generation method, layer platform-based SOC design method, hardware/software partitioning of multi-algorithm dynamic fusion, long-term analysis and optimization method of hybrid insertion repeater and low-swing differential buffer. It has also made achievements in the full-custom design technology of components like the Complex Microprocessor Circuit and High-Performance Cell Library, High-speed Register File, High-frequency Phase-locked Loop, etc.
(4) Microelectronic Devices and the Circuit Reliability Technology
This research area aims to develop a highly reliable military VLSI circuit and focuses on Reliability Theory and Design Technology in Ultra-deep submicron integrated circuit design and the mechanism and circuit technology of new semiconductor devices represented by nano ones.
This faculty has laid a sound technological foundation in the fields of Device Failure Mechanism and Failure Analysis Technology, Low-noise Circuit Design Technology, Anti-ESD Design Technology and Anti-latch Design Technology. It made achievements in areas like anti-radiation hardened circuit realization technology, SOI design technology and nano devices.
From 2001 to 2006, this discipline has accomplished 21 research projects such as national and PLA key projects, National 863 Plan (National Advanced Technological and Research Plan) Project, National Natural Science Foundation. It developed more than 20 types of CPU, DSP and ASIC chips. The faculty won second prize in the National Science and Technology Progress Awards, eight first and second prizes in PLA Science and Technology Progress Awards. It was granted eight National Invention Patents and published over 400 papers including 95 SCI/EI indexed ones.
This research area corresponds to the second-category discipline of Cryptography, which started in the late 1980s. It began to offer master and PhD programs in 2003 and was evaluated as the Hunan Province Key Discipline in 2007. Focusing on the urgent requirements of the country and the military for the development of information security, the faculty has carried out in-depth research in the three fields listed below:
(1) System Security
This research area enjoys prominent advantages in fields like OS security theory, design and realization of secure OS, password services framework and code security analysis technology.
(2) Network Security
This research area enjoys prominent advantages in fields such as high-performance network security monitoring hardware, network attack/defense, network security situation assessment and early warning, in particular network security monitoring hardware technology.
(3) Cryptography and Application
This research area is the leader in China in magic square-based cipher application, key distribution and management technology in mobile ad hoc network. These have broad application prospects in many fields such as network ID authentication, electronic labeling, micro payment and digital anti-counterfeiting.
53. Laser Gyroscope Technology
This research area focuses on high-precision laser gyroscope technology, laser gyroscope SINS system, and high-precision frequency stabilization technology.
54.High-energy Laser Technology
This research area focuses on High-energy laser technology, interaction of laser with substances, and aero-optics theory and technology.
55.High-Power Microwave Technology
This research area focuses on pulse power technology, high-power microwave technology, copious current relativity vacuum electronics, and microwave plasma.
This research area focuses on the generation mechanism and effect of sound, propagation and control of sound, and nonlinear acoustics.
57.Optical Fiber Sensor Technology
This research area focuses on the basic theories of optical fiber, optical fiber devices, optical fiber grating, higher-order coherence fiber laser light source, and large scale optical fiber sensors multiplexing and amplifying technology
This research area focuses on the basic theories of nanophotonics, nano structure preparation technology, and nanophotonic devices test technology.
59.Opto-electronic Instrument and Measurement/Control Technology
This research area focuses on the high-precision attitude measurement technology, terrace navigation technology, and compassing device technology.